Whenever someone wants to learn how to write a movie, the first thing they are typically told is to find their genre. There are so many different types of movies that it's important to find the right one for you, and gangster movies have always been a favorite of many audiences for decades.
Here are the the basics of writing a worthy gangster movie – from the characters to the plot points. So, if you're looking for some tips on how to write your very own mob movie, read on!
1. Start with a strong, compelling story
2. Create interesting and complex characters
3. Use authentic language and dialects
4. Make sure the plot moves quickly and keeps the audience engaged
5. Pay attention to detail - everything from wardrobe to props should be realistic
6. Shoot on location whenever possible for an added layer of realism
So, if you’re looking to write a gangster movie, remember to focus on the characters and their motivations. Make sure that your audience can understand why they are doing what they are doing, and keep the tension high by putting your characters in dangerous situations.
If you have an idea for another kind of movie, don’t worry! Our team at Script School can help you get started no matter what genre you have in mind.
Contact us today to get started on your next big screenplay!